From left to right: Benjamin Moore Deep Space | Farrow & Ball Stiffkey Blue No. 281 | Benjamin Moore Pacific Ocean Blue | Benjamin Moore Hudson Blue | Sherwin Williams Frank Blue | Farrow & Ball Hague Blue
Dark blue is not for the faint of heart, this is a bold color and can dramatically transform a room. It can be energetic or calming. Dark colors cause the walls to recede and can make a room feel larger. As you can see from the rooms pictured below, sometime the blue is bold and very very blue and other times it is a supporting character and becomes a nice neutral backdrop. Whatever you're feeling there is a blue for you.
Here are some examples of the colors in real rooms:
- Emma Reddington Friday designed this room with Benjamin Moore Deep Space walls.
- Farrow & Ball Stiffkey Blue No. 281
- Hudson Blue in room designed by Twenty One Two Designs Inc
- Sherwin Williams Frank Blue in Butler's Pantry designed by Archer & Buchanan
- Jeannette Wilson painted this room Farrow & Ball Hague Blue for House Beautiful
Benjamin Moore Pacific Ocean Blue in dining room designed by Capella Kincheloe Interior Design